Last month, a webinar on resources to help older clients was held for the legal aid community. Presented by the National Consumer Law Center, it featured some resources that may be of interest to you for your LH3 site. Most of these resources can be found on the National Legal Resource Center site. The NLRC site features:
- information on legal issues affecting senior citizens
- legislative updates around aging
- legal service provider information.
It also features links to other organizations in the aging network and resources for advocates working with older clients.
Also highlighted in the webinar was legalhotlines.org a website that provides technical assistance to legal hotline managers and developers.
Lastly, presenters highlighted the following federal resources to help senior citizens:
Sites for reporting Fraud (victim and 3rd party)
Sites to direct your clients
- www.consumer.gov (see the Sources of National Content post for more information)
- www.consumidor.ftc.gov (Spanish version)
- http://www.consumerfinance.gov/es (Spanish version)
To access a recording and PowerPoint slides from this presentation, please visit click here.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.