As many of you know, the last six months have seen several major code releases LH3. In March we rolled out a major upgrade that provides a more stable codebase for the platform and faster response times on key pages. Based on our monitoring, this upgrade has resulted in an average of 40% faster response time across the platform with fewer site errors.
There were several new features as well as bug fixes also rolled out in this release and in subsequent releases. These include: Expanded RSS Feeds for all topics, subtopics and content pages on LawHelp sites. During this time we also provided annual reports to all partners, as well as four quarterly usage reports, support on two TIG applications and work on several other TIG grants with partners. There were also several launches, including mobile sites for Minnesota and Virginia, a Spanish mobile site for Louisiana, as well as the Puerto Rico client facing statewide website. Congratulations to all!
Highlights of recent code releases follow. As always, if you have any questions or need help taking advantage of the new features described below, don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.
Improvements and Enhancements:
- Developed a new Dashboard feature that aggregates the RSS Feeds from across a specific LawHelp site onto one page. You can see an example of this on http://floridalawhelp.org/feeds. This was developed through a TIG-funded partnership with FloridaLawHelp.org. More information about this feature is available in this overview in SWEB and demo from the May 2015 LawHelp Coordinator call. To enable this feature on your LawHelp.org site, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Implementation of a new tabbed resource layout that allows admins to show multiple resource modules in a tabbed fashion, rather than one vertical resource, if desired. This, and the related enhancement below, were developed through a TIG-funded project with OKLaw.org.
- Created a new FAQ module treatment that allows the FAQ to appear as expandable widgets. See http://texaslawhelp.org/resource/replacing-lost-documents for an example.
- Added a new filter allowing administrators to sort organizations and resources by status (daft/published/archived) in their respective managers
- Added a new Topic filter to the Resource/Organizational manager
- Added a date created column to the resource manager and to the resource/organizational filters.
- Implemented Spanish Labels on the “Share This” feature
- Created an optional drop down menu in the Find Legal Help search page. You can see this in action on the Choose a Location menu here: http://texaslawhelp.org/find-legal-help. This setting can easily be enabled by PBN staff on your LawHelp site upon request.
- Added scroll over text to the “Hide Your Visit” feature that says “CAUTION! This does not erase your history!”
- Developed new bulk administration tools for a custom Court Directory previously developed under a TIG-funded TexasLawHelp.org project.
- Fixed an issue preventing mobile-specific titles from appearing in the mobile site.
- Fixed an issue that caused resources created as mobile-only resources to appear in the search results.
- Fixed a bug that prevented ‘Date Created’ values from displaying correctly in the content
- Fixed a bug causing users who are switching to the mirror version of a site to be taken to the homepage, rather than a mirror version of the page they were on.
- Fixed an issue causing organizations to appear twice on content pages set to retrieve both organizations and resources
- Fixed an issue with the LiveHelp widget that prevented PBN program staff from changing the text in the button
- Fixed an issue preventing administrators from changing a resources default language
- Fixed a bug preventing administrators from updating organizational addresses on select sites, such as Puerto Rico.
- Fixed an issue preventing select counties in Oregon from displaying.
- Fixed an issue preventing a specific intake field from updating in New York